Proper hair care is something I feel like I am always learning about, mostly because I feel like I’ve never been great at doing my hair and styling it right. So, I’ve collected too many products I don’t need over the years in an attempt to finally achieve the volume and texture my hair has lacked all this time. If your hair is anything like mine- dry at the ends, flat at the top, fine- then you will most likely love these six hair care products that have been some of my favorites for months, even years.
1. Batiste Dry Shampoo- This product is, hands down, a holy grail hair product for me. Not only does it allow me to avoid washing my hair every day, but it also gives me hair volume and texture, something it definitely doesn’t have naturally. Did I mention it’s only $8, even less if you snag it at Marshall’s/ T.J. Maxx. I can’t recommend this dry shampoo enough!
2. Fave 4 Twice As Thick Cream- This product is also a necessity for me. My hair is somewhat fine, so I rely on this to thicken it up and make it look and feel healthier. Just a little bit of product is all you need since this is a cream product and you don’t want to apply too much and weigh your hair down.
3. L’oreal Elnett Satin Hairspray- In need of volume? This hairspray delivers. Just a little bit of this product is needed to take your hair to the next level. In fact, applying too much can make your hair a tad sticky, so use it sparingly. My hair is so voluminous when I use this hairspray, which is always the goal.
4. Not Your Mother’s Texturizing Sea Salt Spray- This sea salt spray is my go to when I skimp on drying my hair, and I use it nearly every time I wash my hair in the summer to avoid blow drying it. I love this product because it gives your hair great texture and waves, and not to mention it smells amazing.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner-Everyone needs this deep conditioner in their life. It conditions your hair without making it heavy, and it also smells fantastic. I actually use this every time I wash my hair because it gives my hair the perfect amount of hydration. Plus, it costs less than $5!
6. John Freida Frizz Ease Nourishing Oil Elixir- This is the best hair oil I have ever tried. It tames frizz, but doesn’t weigh hair down at the same time. I can use a ton of this oil and it won’t weigh my hair down, and it’s not overly greasy or sticky. I only apply it to the ends of my hair and I am good to go.